We want to continue Hamburgs success story and are looking for two flagship-startup. You will be accompanied to the location, granted entry to the right events and represent Hamburgs Startup-Scene
We need a short description (500 signs max!) AND your English pitch deck (max 15 Slides!) before the 20th Januar 2018 / 23:59 Uhr.
- We will only consider applications that abide by the criteria: max. 500 signs for the description and max. 15 slides for the pitch deck
- We need a pitch deck in English, and the pitching itself will be in English.
- Tell us on one slide why it’s you who’s going to rock Austin!
- Competition is strong! Give your best for your pitch deck!
Startups from Hamburg at SXSW – an overview
- In 2014 three startups went to Austin for the first time to take part in Startups@Reeperbahn – SXSW Edition
- In 2015 startups could join at the German Startup Engine and Tinnitracks won as the first German startup to ever get the SXSW Accelerator
- In 2016 Spherie secured a place in the Accelerator and two other startups made it through the Pre-Pitch as the perfect startup representatives and secured their tickets to Austin.
- 2017 as many as seven startups from Hamburg visited Texas. Here’s a recap.
The South by Southwest Festival (SXSW) takes place each year in Austin, Texas since 1987. Born a music festival, it gradually became the most important event of the digital economy worldwide. Find out more about its historical background here. Hamburg has answered the call for many years and represents one of the biggest delegations. Apart from the Hamburg events, there are of course many other German activities organised, for example at the German Haus.
About Hamburg Startups
Hamburg Startups is the leading startup platform in the media-city of Hamburg and is committed to effective networking and representation in the startup scene. The port city of Hamburg has become a benchmark for many European locations with an ecosystem that Hamburg Startups has significantly helped to build up over the last four years. Alongside a variety of unusual event formats, founders Sina Gritzuhn and Sanja Stankovic created the Hamburg Startup Monitor platform which gives a transparent representation of all startups.
Since 2014 start-ups have been offered the chance to take part in a unique start-up panel and use the Relation Tool to get in contact with journalists, investors and cooperating partners. The aim of Hamburg Startups is to raise the national and international visibility of the Hamburg startup scene. With StartupSpot the team of Hamburg Startups is now aktive all over Germany.